Monday, December 15, 2014

Planning Planners


Page from 2013 Gelli plate planner
In 2013  I realized that my standard planner was not longer meeting my needs. Given that I'd been using the same setup for at least five years it was sad to see it go. After several weeks of looking into various options I was pleased to come up with a setup that I thought would work perfectly!
My mom had just gotten a Gelli plate and so of course I was persuaded to use it for my planner. The pages turned out beautiful! It was a lot of fun to consider which color schemes to use each month and bind the seven booklets in to a single book.

Unfortunately there were three major problems with my beautiful planner:
1. The paint from the Gelli Plate made the surface too slick to write on with most pens
2. The book was too thick to fit into my purse so I only carried it when I used my bag pack or biggest purses.
3. When it got warmer the pages stuck together.

By the summer I had broken down and returned to a cheap version of my old setup just to have something to use. The old setup was better than the failed gelli print planner, but it still had its old problems and paper nearly as bad as newsprint.
Not in 2015! This year I sketched out a planner the way I'd want it. I looked over what I'd done and tweaked it some. Several months of plotting later I set up the pages on my computer.  After figuring out double-sided printing and booklet sizes I realized that this setup might meet some of my friends' needs too. This afternoon a download of the planner will be listed on my Etsy store! 


No comments:

Post a Comment